Talking to skamania on the phone tonight made me realize the perks I take for granted. I should count my blessings from my employer: free parking, no monitoring my phonecalls, umlimited office supplies, fun days like our murder mystery lunch/park event last friday, the ball, thanksgiving lunch with turkey and all the fixings tomorrow, casual dress, flex hours, and on and on. I complain sooo much. I have no right to complain. It's good that tonight things were set in the right perspective. What can we do when life throws us a curveball? All we can do is pray because God is sovereign and God is good. He delights when we turn to Him to ask for help and answers prayer.
That's the big. God even provides small blessings! I was really, really happy on Tuesday night when I finally figured out a solution to my non-working out dilemma. Ever since even before daylight savings went away, I haven't been working out. It was maybe for about two months, due to various reasons like letting my foot heal, getting sick, my old running shoes dying on me, etc. This period of doing nothing made me realize that I used to work out like 3-4 times a week. I used to get up early, like at 6:00, to run before work and that went okay. Now that the weather is so cold, I haven't been exercising at all. I couldn't figure out what to do because it's way too cold to run in the morning, but it's also dark at 5, when I get home, and I'm hungry so I normally eat at that time. On Tuesday, I made myself go and jog at 8:00pm, after having digested for like two hours. That's the key, to allow enough time for that. :) Anyway, I think it'll work! I ran yesterday and went again tonight. I'm back on some sort of fitness plan, I think! The only other problem is that it's sort of more dangerous to run at night, some say, since creepy things may happen or you may trip and fall on something since it's dark. Still, I'm glad I didn't have to resort to paying for the gym by my office because I was seriously contemplating it because of the winter weather.
Thanks to crysta1berry (for the idea), I'm going to try to grow my hair out until I can cut off 10 inches. Then, I can donate it to Locks of Love and have a wig made from it (hopefully) that can be used for someone who needs it. Since my hair grows reeally slowly, I don't know how long this will take.
At SNAP yesterday, my kid fell asleep on me! It was soo strange to try to swim with a girl for one hour who would not open her eyes. I was pretty much just carrying her in the water. :( It was very difficult. I was trying to play with her, wake her up, get her to respond to me somehow, but she just kept sleeping. At some point, when I stopped talking to her, her head fell to one side, and I think she snored! While in the pool! :O
Almost time to go home for T-day! I'm excited, I guess since I haven't been back since May. Feels like it's been a while. Plus, I'm starting to appreciate home and family more because I know that it won't always be this close and convenient in the future (like in less than a year!). I can't imagine what it'll be like to not have my family just a phonecall away. Still, things are going pretty smoothly with the application process. I scheduled an interview for the week that I'm back home.
The big game is this week so - GO BIG BLUE! Roll on, you bears
No comments:
Post a Comment