Tuesday, March 29, 2005

bloggy

I journaled today for the first time in a long time. It made me question why it is that I blog, if it comes at the expense of journaling. If I want to chronicle what I'm learning, I could just journal. The reason why this blog will continue is that I want to proclaim God's faithfulness.

Psalm 92:1-3 says: It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp.

I am still working on not sounding redundant when I send out update emails though... but I know very few of my supporters read this.

Yesterday, while at Indian Rock and marveling at God's awesome creation with a panoramic view of the bay area, I again realized that there is no place I'd rather be. Is it wrong to be this content? Does it mean I am not being stretched/challenged to grow? Does it mean I have lost a sense of God's kingdom and how it is a thousand times more wonderful than anything here on earth? Does it mean that I am being too materialistic and holding on to this place too much? Maybe. I don't know. It DOES mean that it won't be easy to leave. But, I am leaving in response to God's call, and there's nothing greater than that. I have to believe. :)

No comments: