Praise God for His faithfulness in meeting my needs so abundantly. After having decided to (attempt to) dedicate more time to prayer, God has completely provided the time and resources for me to do so! This past Wednesday morning, I found out one of my SNAP kids had to cancel for the day, leaving me a free hour from 4:30-5:30 between work and swimming with Dominick. I spent the time at Indian Rock in Berkeley, a very peaceful place with a spectacular view of the bay area from Oakland to Marin and more. The weather was beautiful again, and I’m glad I happened to have a visor for the sunshine and, more importantly, my Bible in my car. I had a great time of worship, prayer, and reading the Word. Again, it’s like God carved out that special hour for me to spend with Him! :)
This past Saturday, I had a break between the end of worship practice and the beginning of a worship ministry meeting in Berkeley, so about 4 hours to spare. When I couldn’t find an empty chair at Barnes and Nobles, I spent the time I had with God in the back seat of my trusty car (Mason). Reading The Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor is very inspiring. He’s the founder of OMF, the Overseas Missionary Fellowship. It’s a biography of how he felt called to serve God in China told in the words of his son (I think) with excerpts from his own personal journal. I also want to dig into the Word more. I think it’s daunting to get into the OT stuff, but so necessary. Time is running short, but there is still enough time to do what is important (such as studying the Word more than I do).
I am thankful for sunny weather because I can run again at the scenic Alameda shoreline after work, and it gets dark later. Finally, I am SO thankful that God alone is enough. With Him, everything is made complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment