The weather was so pretty this weekend. I think sunny weather really puts me in a good mood! Friday after work, I got to hang out with JT for a bit before small group. This week was worship/sharing/prayer, and it was good. Much needed, because we tend to miss out on personal sharing when we have our regular Bible studies and activities. As a group, we got to reflect on where we've been, where we're at and where we're headed. Good stuff. I love LSF Friday. :)
Saturday morning, I went on a short run in Berkeley with Bryan, Katy, Stephen, Derek and JenS. It was fun, and it was so sunny outside, even despite the dreary rain the day before. Then we freshened up and headed to church for the LSF Career Workshop. I'm so thankful for my still-in-college buddies, too. They are lots of fun! :) The workshop went well, I think. There were some good seminars on resumes/interviews, grad school/internships, and investments/finances. Afterwards, I got to don a media pass and catch the cal men's bball team play Wash St at Haas. I pretended I knew what I was doing and played around with B's camera while watching the men's team get massacred through the lens (we actually won the game in overtime through some miracle). We sat so close that a player even fell on B at one point. We were literally right under the basket. It was closer than the courtside seats! The only drawback was the loud band, but it wasn't too bad. I miss the days when I was on the Bench and wasn't on the alumni side of the GO BEARS cheer. So from there, we picked up our ice skates from our respective homes, and B helped me to move all of my pictures, music, and other files into my notebook! :) Chia and Weisu came over and the four of us headed to Foster City for some ice skating at the Ice Chalet with JT, Eileen and JasonC. It’s fun to ice skate with so many friends. :) Too bad the pics came out all blurry because were in motion... Anyway, afterwards we got a bite to eat at TapEx, then went to Jason’s office to PLAY! He is one lucky guy. His office has this big room with a ping pong table and video games, and a vending machine with free drinks! It was fun to visit and see what other cubes look like, too.
The next morning after church, I drove to Corte Madera in Marin/San Rafael to hop into Amy’s car heading for the Hog Island Oyster Co. near Point Reyes. We joined a group of like 30 friends and friends of friends and once again the weather was so pretty. I saw lots of people in Marin biking along the road, and the sun was totally shimmering off the water the whole time. I still can't get over the beauty of this place. *sigh* :) I shucked my first oyster (and then some) and enjoyed a grandiose amount of good food and good friends.
All in all a splendid weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment