I spent my weekend watching all three showings of the Agape Youth Fellowship play. I was impressed with it on many levels. For one, the dedication of the actors was totally evident. Praise God for raising up the next generation with a passion to glorify Him and a heart to serve him through the many practices and sacrifices involved in preparing for the play. Secondly, the amazing production team - directors, producers, tech crew - they, too, really put heart and soul into making this a reality. I felt bad when people thanked me for helping put together the "information table" because what I did was soo so small compared to their effort. Elaine Chao, the playwright, is extraordinarily gifted. Seriously, her talent in so many things - musical instruments, writing plays, sports, who knows what else (I remember she co-taught my Sunday School class on evangelism) - is amazing, and it's also amazing to see her use it for God's purposes. Kudos all around - it was cool to see the body at CFC come together to support this play!
What I got from the play was the idea of HOPE. God gives us hope in the midst of our trials. This sounds easy to say and hard to live out, and I'm sure it's true... which is why it takes faith, prayer, support from our family in Christ ... other factors to make it a reality. How do we know that God is victorious over even cancer? Consider Jesus's crucifiction. Whatever pain and suffering we endure, He also endured, and was victorious over death itself! We have the immeasurable treasure of our life with Christ after our life on Earth, a life that will be full of praising God, rejoicing with the angels. God does not desire for us to suffer and does not unjustly cause us to suffer, because we believe that He works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28). We trust and believe that He has a greater plan for each of our lives, greater than anything that we can imagine. I hope and pray that for the non-believers who attended the play, seeds were planted.
No comments:
Post a Comment