Wednesday, October 06, 2004

S&A

The wedding this weekend was so beautiful. During the toasts, I think everyone in the audience got teary-eyed... it was so touching to see the faithful friendships that these two have had over the years. Out-of-towners from Canada and Florida also got a treat. S&A totally spoiled them by making the lunch at Treasure Island, with breath-taking views of the City and the bridges, Alcatraz, the water. I believe everyone was relieved by the sunny weather during the ceremony, as the weather that day had gone back and forth between sunny and cloudy... luckily there was no rain! Finally, the reception at the Berkeley Marina was gorgeous, too. The high-ceilinged walls were all windows, and we could see the night lights of Emeryville, the bridge, and the city. The visitors were spoiled with the best views of the bay area! :) I thought one of the best parts of all was the swing lessons! I normally can't dance, but the teachers were great and taught us at a nice and easy pace. Plus, lots of people got involved, so that was a lot of fun. We rotated partners a lot, and everybody was learning, messing up and laughing together. :) The wedding was such a joyous occasion!

***

Saturday night, AW, AY, P, and I became "Gail's people," and volunteered to usher at the Greek Theater for the Norah Jones concert! The thing that kept coming to my mind was how much she looks exactly like E Kwan! Yep... E is the Asian version of Norah. Anyway, the concert was good. I still remember how I used to think Norah was Black when I first heard her, because her voice was so soulful and rich. It was cool that her backup singer was Japanese! Norah's really down-to-earth and innocent, just like you'd expect. And all of her songs were ballads!! (but I liked it). Even when she tried to do a faster song, it was still slow :P The audience was diverse, but had a lot of middle-aged and older folks, so that was cool.

No comments: