Last Friday, I received a most surprising email from my boss that said, "Just so you know, you have 16 hours of PHL left before the end of the year. Use it or lose it." :O PHL is our Personal Holiday Leave, in other words, free time off on the company, as a bonus. Talk about great news!! So, I know that gp has been working crazy hours (the last 14 days straight, in fact), so we both planned to take today, Tuesday, off. :)
After a luxurious time of sleeping in, I spent the morning biking around the Naval base. There are so many little streets and avenues to explore, and it was so great to be outdoors, enjoying the fresh air and view of the city. We lunched at sushi house (where there was still a wait for a weekday lunch!) and headed to Ber-zerk-eley.
The new flooring at Sproul was pretty nice, and gp finally picked up her diploma, 2 years later!! Good thing it was still there. We visited FSM Cafe (this week is the 40-year anniversary of the FSM), and then went up the Campanile! It was g's first time. I went up for calso, and I think the last time was when my ochem lab partner took me after our final so she could scream in exhilaration (and she did). We both went inside of the Hearst Mining Circle for the first time, which is really pretty! After some browsing at Urban, Express, Bancroft clothing, (g's boba from sweetheart's) and bear basics, I took g to Indian Rock for the first time. It was great to catch up, enjoy being outdoors instead of in my cubie staring at my computer screen, and just relax. We both felt uber-old crossing the streets and walking around campus with all the tiny freshman. It was great to be back, though.... Cal has got to have the most beautiful campus.
No comments:
Post a Comment