Friday, September 03, 2004

How was your week?

I had an especially awesome week. It's amazing how much time a person has if they cut out the "permissible but not beneficial" things in their lives, like TV or chatting online, for me. You know how we're seemingly always praying for more of a hunger for His Word, a desire to know Him more? This week I really felt that excitement in my quiet times. By reprioritizing my time and my activities, and refocusing a lot of things in my life, I came to see my need for more knowledge of Him. How would I get this knowledge? Spending time in the Word, of course. In fact, I often got the feeling that there just wasn't enough time to get through all of the stuff I wanted to learn! It's definitely a blessing that God broke through my superficial world and turned me around, opening my eyes to what's really important. Walking to the beach to do devotions on the sand with the sunset in the backdrop beats watching TV any day. I usually don't know where to start when I'm trying to tackle the Word, but He pointed me to Romans, and it's been great. :) Life is much more exciting with God in every part of it. I think this blog has become something of a "weekender" since all I talk about are weekends spent playing sports! On to bigger and better things... :)

No comments: