Why is it that the better moments just happen, unplanned, unanticipated? It's a pleasant surprise. (but doesn't fit someone with a personality like mine!)
SNAP today was so fun and refreshing and rewarding. Seeing a child smile is like nothing else, especially one who has to face many hardships in life. I was thinking more and more about it since Sunday, and I think this is just the sort of organization I would love to get involved with in the long term. It started with the passion of one woman who combined her two loves - swimming and physical therapy. It's very grassroots, and each volunteer can totally see the difference that he or she makes. I was so inspired by the director's training session and lecture on Sunday when she talked about the goals and purpose of the program. It's really there to benefit the children, and not for any other reason. Because the program is so small, there isn't bureaucratic tape to get tangled in or anything like that. Each volunteer can speak directly with the director, and I can tell all of the volunteers are there for the same reason - to help the kids. I wish more people could get involved, volunteer, and experience it! :)
happy twenty-four years to Dr. Yobo!
No comments:
Post a Comment